Company: CRACKER BARREL
Posted on: April 4, 2019
The Retail Sales employee performs guest service by providing
information to the guest about the store and retail products,
assisting guests with merchandise, handling and care of the
merchandise, and operating the cash stand; acting in a manner that
conveys the highest possible degree of hospitality. The Retail
employee assists in identifying and solving present and potential
guest service issues.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not
limited to the following:
- Performs guest service by accepting payment from guests,
providing information about the store and acting in a manner that
conveys the highest degree of hospitality
- Perform both sales floor and cash stand responsibilities
through a shift. Read and understand restaurant Guest checks.
Understand the to-go order process and ring up Guest checks in a
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the
culture, values and mission of Cracker Barrel Old Country
- Greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Move between the cash stand and sales floor based on where the
Guests are in order to meet their needs, with a sense of
- Be fully familiar with the operation of the cash register
equipment, including replacement of receipt paper.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or
unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the
manager in identifying and solving present and potential guest
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies
and procedures to ensure the safety of all employees and guests
during each shift.
- Answer the telephone in a pleasant manner and ensure the
Guest's needs are met.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality,
with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early
mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards and cash handling
and store safety and security, with or without reasonable
- Engage with and understand our guests, including discovering
and responding to guest needs through clear and pleasant
- Comply with a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos on
face or throat.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store
during each shift
- Read, write and comprehend the English language
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 25 pounds overhead for stocking
- Working knowledge of math, numbers, money counting and making
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written
instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
In compliance with federal and state equal employment opportunity
laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, national origin, age, marital status, medical
condition, disability or any other class expressly protected by
law. Qualified applicants are considered for employment according
to the laws of the respective state of employment. If you feel this
policy has been violated, you may report such instances to the
Employee Relations Department online
(http://www.crackerbarrel.com/contact-us/employee/ ) or toll free
at 1 800-333-9566.
Keywords: CRACKER BARREL, Kingsport , Retail Sales, Sales , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!