Company: Tate Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Tate, a global provider of innovative raised access flooring,
structural ceilings, and modular prefabricated aisle containment
systems, is opening a new manufacturing facility in Russell County,
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading production
employees to ensure the safe manufacture of quality products are
delivered to our customers on-time and in-full. This position is
also responsible for promoting development and growth of employees
within assigned departments. NOTE: This is a first shift
- Directly responsible for the safety of employees to include
enforcement of safety as a core value.
- Assigns personnel appropriately to meet production objectives
across all areas of responsibility.
- Communicates daily performance and ensures root-cause is known
for any special-cause circumstances.
- Coordinates and tracks associate training and competency to
promote cross-training and associate self-sufficiency.
- Runs daily pre-shift meetings including review of production
attainment against the scheduled production. Update daily
production plan as needed.
- Partners with Manufacturing Engineering and Plant leadership to
implement actions to correct ongoing production issues that impact
product quality, personnel safety, and ability to meet the daily
production schedule as communicated by Scheduling.
- Works with applicable internal professionals in the development
and improvement of programs for departmental safety, quality, and
- Ensures all employees follow all policies, procedures, and work
instructions including Employee Handbook, Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs), Manufacturing Operating Procedures (MOPs), Job
Safety Analysis (JSAs), and Safety Manual.
- Maintains awareness of individual contribution to and impact of
the quality, safety, environmental, and product compliance policies
and activities; reports all quality issues, unsafe acts, and unsafe
conditions to the proper personnel.
- Associates degree plus a minimum of 3 years' experience in
manufacturing; or 5 years successful supervisor experience in a
directly related, multi-shift manufacturing operation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, assign personnel across multiple
shifts and monitor for timely and cost-effective completion.
- Strong understanding of production processes and equipment to
be able to adequately direct production personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and
demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks through others.
- Must be proficient with ERP systems and other computer
applications including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Teams).
Keywords: Tate Inc., Kingsport , Production Supervisor, Professions , Saint Paul, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!