Principal Systems Engineer
Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: June 15, 2019
This position may be located in Kingsport, TN or Radford, VA, and
will support both sites with up to 25% travel.
BAE Systems, one of the worlds leading defense contractors and a
stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Principal Systems Engineer
at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN.
An ideal candidate will have experience working on a wide variety
of projects within the Department of Defense and experience
influencing technical and non-technical colleagues to successfully
progress projects from inception to commissioning.
The Principal Systems Engineer will work with engineers in
chemical, mechanical, electrical and civil / structural as well as
colleagues in program management and contracts to successfully
The Principal Systems Engineer will be a key member of our Systems
Engineering Team working simultaneously as the primary Systems
Engineer on multiple complex programs. The Principal Systems
Engineer will support the end-to-end programmatic and technical
- Interface with the customer and participate in gate
- Write Statements of Work (SOWs), review proposals, and
interface with subcontractors.
- Write Systems Engineering Management Plans (SEMPs), track
technical risk, develop metrics against Key Performance Parameters
- Create operational concepts, participate in analysis of
alternatives and trade studies.
- Develop functional requirements.
- Assess informal lessons learned and incorporate as
- Develop use cases and high level Systems Engineering
- Requirements management, traceability, and verification through
design and test.
- Know when to tailor Systems Engineering processes or develop
The Principal Systems Engineer must have the ability to collaborate
well across diverse multi-discipline teams. Working daily with PM,
all engineering disciplines, maintenance, logistics, and operators.
Must be equally comfortable in the field or in a conference
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. Our engineering
department supports the Holston Army Ammunition Plan in Kingsport,
TN and the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, VA by
providing designs for new manufacturing facilities which produce
safer explosives and propellants for our government and commercial
customers. Holston and Radford AAPs have provided high quality
explosives for our armed forces since WWII and will continues to
push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and
manufacturing. Learn more about this area of our business at
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience in leading Systems Engineering activities.
- Experience in every phase of program lifecycle.
- Experience in use case development.
- Experience in technical risk management.
- Experience in requirements analysis and development.
- Experience in requirements management, traceability, and
- Experience in requirements and configuration management tool
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience working with DoD customer.
- Experience in Systems Engineering early phase concept
development and high level modeling.
- Experience in developing maintainability, safety, and human
- Experience in Test Planning.
- Experience in Systems Engineering metrics development and
- Experience in complex real time systems or System of
- Experience in manufacturing, chemical processing, or industrial
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering a plus.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with
approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products
and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced
electronics, security, information technology solutions and
customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs,
develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades
armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship
combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery
systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal
Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Keywords: BAE Systems, Kingsport , Principal Systems Engineer, Other , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!