Posted Date: Oct 6, 2021
- We are hiring immediately for 2 full-time SUPERVISOR,
PATIENT DINING positions.
- Location: Ballad Health Holston Valley Medical Center,
130 W Ravine Rd, Kingsport, TN 37660. Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T schedule; shift will vary; rotating
schedules/shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Requirement: Previous leadership experience
- Pay Rate: $10-$12/hr.
- Perks: Meal plan, Vacation, no 3rd shift.
- Additional Info: Our Company policy requires applicants
to undergo background check in order to be hired (nicotine testing
is not included/required).
- $500 SIGN-ON BONUS- $250 after 30 days of
continuous employment from start date and $250 paid after 90 days
of continuous employment
- Note: Phone interviews will be conducted and we
encourage you to complete the HireVue video
- Point of Contact: Malissa Peters 423-946-7522. Call
for questions or help with applying
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Virtual Job Fair!
Register: Text "ballad" to
75000 to register.
Date & Time: Thursday,
October 7th, from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST.
This is a free virtual event that
can be attended from anywhere, including the comfort of
your own home! On the day of the event,
registered individuals will
receive a text message when the event is starting and
will be notified when their interview is next. Hiring managers
interview you directly via text or
phone/video call during the event hours!
We Make Applying
Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text
JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID
The advertised program is
an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with
Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may
apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Why It Is Safe For You
to Work in Healthcare... We know that many of you who are
new to working in a healthcare setting might be a little unsure
about your safety. Yet, serving where the viruses and potential
contagions are known and are being controlled is among the safest
places to work!
For anyone who becomes a
member of one of our teams, we make sure you are safe and well
managed. We also have a lot of resources available for you. We
believe that knowledge is power, and that with this knowledge in
your back pocket, you will feel much better about serving in
healthcare during this crisis.
Diversity of thought
and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to
start your journey with us today!
Morrison Healthcare is a
leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively
dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare
systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized
dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the
healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been
serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than
65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational
expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare
experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern
Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and
was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in
2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best
Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison
is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group
and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs,
and 21,000 professional food service team
Patient Dining Supervisors are responsible to coordinate patient
meal service and special requests and needs for the Patient Dining
Program. Ensure that Patient Dining Associates are adequately
trained and that units are properly staffed to provide service.
They are a huge part of creating a culture of comfort and
compassion in the healthcare environment, taking care of patients’
special requests and nutritional needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and
operational objectives of the Patient Dining Program service are
- Supervise Patient Dining Associates and ensure they provide
services that include helping patients make menu selections,
assemble, and deliver/pick-up their meal trays.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu
alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities;
cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient
inquires about additional selections.
- Interacts with nursing and evaluates on a daily basis patient
meal selection, tray completion, tray delivery and tray retrieval
- Is responsive to patients' needs at all times. Communicate
problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a
timely manner, following department procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot
eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a
specific calorie count to manage.
- Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient’s rights
policy as outlined in the facility’s Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal,
state and JCAHO.
- Follow Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
guidelines, a prevention based food safety system for meal assembly
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation
regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in
the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Conduct daily associate team meetings following Morrison’s
branded GR8 Start Meeting guidelines and template.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate and read documents such as safety rules,
procedure manuals, and operation and maintenance instructions.
- Aptitude for effectively operating hospital’s admission,
discharge and transfer (ADT) system, and other computer-based
systems, which manage patient care records.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts.
Reasonable accommodations can enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the
following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following
benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 915389