Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Branch Manager in Kingsport,TN
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team
eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Branch Manager!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for
continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical
and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has
the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value,
direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive and ability
to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment to
Overall responsibility for the critical issues of branch
operation and profitability, including sales, sales growth,
budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer
service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community
relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel
- Hire, lead, supervise, evaluate, manage, motivate and train
- Assist outside sales representatives in all areas, including
but not limited to preparing quotes, maintaining all literature
required, providing customer follow-up, and gathering sales
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs
preparation of merchandise displays.
- Prepares market and competitor information, annual sales
analysis and forecast for the Area Manager.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Monitors fiscal performance of the branch as compared to
- Controls branch expenditures and costs.
- Ensures all customers receive quality customer service from
- Oversees completion of sales-related paperwork (shippers,
invoices, cylinder audits, month end reports, etc.) in a timely
- Demonstrates full knowledge of all order entry, data research
and computer skills necessary to service customers and
- Ensures customer inquiries related to billing problems,
cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are
promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as
- Maintains existing accounts and new business with existing
- Identifies, prioritizes and penetrates target accounts.
- Identifies target accounts for telemarketing.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels.
- Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable at an
acceptable level in accordance with company guidelines and
- Reviews contract price file quarterly.
- Relates gross profit dollars and margins to gross profit
requirements and budget. Relates actual net income to budget.
- Conforms actual gross profit to guidelines, as evidence by
- Lead and promote safety, organize safety meetings, and strictly
enforce safety rules.
- Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product
- Establishes vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Ensure subordinate complaints are effectively handled.
- Consult with Human Resources regarding personnel issues.
- Responsible for appearance, cleanliness and functionality of
- Assist customers with equipment set-up and demonstration as
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Accounting or related
field, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training and
- 5 years experience in the welding industry and/or sales,
- 2 years supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to
effectively manage a wide array of personnel issues, such as
coaching, disciplinary action, performance reviews, etc.
- SAP knowledge and experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter,
self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted
personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to
focus and pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
- Negotiating and selling skills required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract
information regarding customers' orders.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes
on employee's own time.
- Ability to read, speak, write, spell and understand the English
- Ability to perform heavy work, routinely lifting 25-75
- Prolonged standing, up to 8 hours, frequent bending
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Kingsport , Branch Manager, Other , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!