Company: Tech Air
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Plant Operator in Kingsport,
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team
eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Plant Operator!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for
continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical
and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has
the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value,
direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive and ability
to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment to
The Plant Operator is responsible for examining, testing,
filling, and weighing compressed and liquefied gas cylinders in
accordance with company policies and procedures, and local, state
and federal regulations. The Plant Operator is also responsible for
meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of
cylinder gases in accordance with Airgas procedures.
- Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or
repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and
tests before cylinders are released.
- Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained - cylinders
requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until
- Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated
pressure gages and monitoring devices.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight,
whichever is appropriate.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and
that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with
local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct periodic plant checks for safe and efficient
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with
customers when necessary.
- If qualified, perform backup duties as a Driver when
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 0 - 1 year of operations or production experience, preferably
in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Forklift certified / possess valid forklift operators
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of this position.
Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable
instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be
required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe
manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a
condition of employment.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Tech Air, Kingsport , Plant Operator, Other , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!