Creative Team Leader - Global Marketing Communications
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a
broad range of products found in items people use every day. With
the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way,
Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and
solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and
sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes
advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer
engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its
leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation,
building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive
and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people
around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries.
The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is
headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information,
Eastman is seeking a talented, experienced and motivated Creative
Team Leader to head up its in-house creative group. The successful
candidate will be skilled in graphic design and art direction with
a strong orientation toward digital. Advertising agency experience
is preferred. Must be a strategic thinker that is focused on
driving business results through exceptional creativity. This
position uses leadership skills to build a high performing team and
to collaborate across a matrixed organization. Responsible for
directing all creative work including advertising, tradeshows,
website design, social media, print production, video and other
assets. Expected to be a practitioner in addition to a people
leader. This position reports to the Global Marketing
Communications Director, based in Kingsport, TN, and will interact
frequently senior leaders in general management, marketing and
- Lead and direct an internal creative team of approximately 15
people; govern the work of external agencies and freelancers.
- Serve as a member of the Marketing Communications Leadership
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion; review
and approve work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative
- Translate marketing objectives into clear and innovative
creative strategies and concepts that drive business results.
- Protect and enrich the various Eastman brands by ensuring brand
guidelines are followed and work quality standards are upheld.
- Meet with internal business unit clients and/or upper
management to pitch campaign strategies and creative concepts.
- Manage the hiring and development of creative team members to
enhance Eastman's capability to deliver effective
- Employ graphic design and art direction skills to expand
overall creative capacity.
- Evaluate creative trends, assess the competitive landscape and
keep up-to-date with the latest marketing best practices which are
- Supervise the creative team's daily workflow, assign project
workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in graphic design; Master of
Fine Arts (MFA) degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of work experience in graphic design and art
direction across a variety of mediums including print, digital,
photography, video and radio.
- Minimum of 10 years digital experience, particularly with, but
not limited to web, social media, email and emerging
- Several years' experience as an effective people leader who can
motivate, develop, organize and direct creative team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the
ability to persuade and sell in new ideas; comfort interacting with
business-minded clients and internal staff alike.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with excellent
presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience performing or managing a range of creative
positions, such as graphic designer, art director and copywriter is
- Demonstrated expert use of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dimension and After
- Effective at developing content for global markets.
- Time-management skills; effective balancing competing
priorities and multiple projects while meeting strict
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any
other characteristics protected by law. Eastman is committed to
creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive
workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential
Keywords: Eastman, Kingsport , Creative Team Leader - Global Marketing Communications, Hospitality & Tourism , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!