Company: Perkins - Northcott Hospitality
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Perkins Restaurant & Bakery our employees are
part of the Perkins extended family and the families we serve. And
you'll be responsible for making special days memorable and
everyday meals something extraordinary. At Perkins where we've
experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest
satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a
company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched
commitment to their employees and employees the best in the
industry, you are in the right place! We respect one another for
our talent, creativity and individual differences. We bring our
greatest individual strengths to achieve success as a team. If
career growth is what you are looking for- we got that too!
SUMMARY OF POSITIONPrepares menu items according to company
policies, procedures, programs and performance standards.
Responsible for helping to maintain food costs and maintain
cleanliness of the kitchen at all times. Performs all duties to
maximize guest satisfaction and quality of work environment as
directed by Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Prepares Cooking Items
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and
at all times practices good person hygiene.
- Uses, maintains and cleans all kitchen equipment, plus
preparation and storage areas.
- Stocks and rotates products on line to ensure they are within
shelf life standards.
- Has sufficient knowledge of recipes, menu items and prep
procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and
- Prepares prep items according to guest request within company
standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Controls Food Cost
- Ensures products are accurately portioned and ensures food
products are prepared as specified by recipes.
- Utilizes FIFO (first in first out) standards when preparing
- Maintains Cleanliness
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen, prep areas, coolers and
- Follows proper safety procedures and policies concerning food
handling, rotation and storage
- Conducts line sweeps throughout the shift
- "Clean as you go" throughout the shift
- Understands OSHA requirements and health department
- Cleans all equipment on line and other areas as directed by the
Kitchen manager or Manager on duty.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding
product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems
and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for
- Assists Team Members
- Preps items according to recipes and procedures
- Assists dishwasher with washing and restocking dishes, pots,
pans and utensils
- Assist front of house staff with cleanliness of dining
- Provides guest service by communicating and cooperating with
the front of house staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12
inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision
to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice
chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Receives direction and training from the
Kitchen Manager or Manager on duty as to the specific procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:Basic skills such as sanitation,
safety, and customer service can be taught through in house
DisclaimerThis position description in not intended, and should not
be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is
intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle
job elements essential for making decisions related to job
performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the
incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee.
Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring
decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All
inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made
directly to the franchise location, and not to Perkins
Keywords: Perkins - Northcott Hospitality, Kingsport , Restaurant Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!