Speech Therapist - Home Health - PRN in Kingsport, Tennessee - Careers at SunCrest Home Health - Kin
Company: SunCrest Home Health - Kingsport TN
Posted on: July 30, 2019
SunCrest Home Health , a part of LHC Group is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and home and community-based services, we deliver
high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage
their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the
country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered
care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose
LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's
all about helping people .
Using discretion and independent judgment, the Speech/Language
Pathologist provides age-appropriate services for adult to
geriatric patients, including the following: comprehensive
assessment of cognitive communication skills and/or swallowing
function, direct treatment to individuals and groups, development
of a home exercise program, patient/family instruction,
participation in team and family conferences, evaluation and
selection of adaptive equipment, participation in PI programs, and
documentation of services according to hospital and department
standards. Must possess an understanding of the physical, mental,
psychological, and social needs of the patients.
- Initiates evaluation and completes it within 3 days of
- Evaluates the patient to determine rehab potential, identify
needs, and set goals to be used in the team plan of care
- Identifies appropriate parts of the evaluation when completion
is not possible, prioritizes treatment, and completes per
- Seeks out resources in difficult cases
- Sets initial STG's and LTG's.
- Collaborates with patient and family in goal setting and
- Schedules patient for appropriate time for therapy.
- Identifies patient and family education needs
- Attends PTC weekly and functions as an active participant of
the ID team.
- Collaborates with the team to establish interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes equipment in a proper and safe manner, reports broken
or faulty equipment.
- Follows medical regimen developed for the patient, is aware of
and adheres to precautions if applicable (THR, TKR, Cardiac, Wound,
- Utilizes safe treatment techniques to include compensatory
methods for swallowing and communication.
- Utilizes treatment approaches according to established SLP
protocols and policies.
- Selects proper diagnostic materials to assess all aspects of
communication and/or swallowing function.
- Utilizes alternatives or other innovative approaches as
- Interprets tests correctly. Makes accurate assessments after
considering pertinent information, consults with supervisor of
therapy or peers as needed.
- Completes a bi-weekly summary in conjunction with the POC
- Documents the ID progress notes daily or per session as
indicated by changes in patient's condition or response to
- Documents daily units of treatment on the charge sheet.
- Writes orders on the physician order sheet as indicated
according to hospital policy.
- Documents on the POC form weekly
- Completes D/C summary within 3 days of discharge
- Completes appropriate discharge planning in the following
areas:Provides home evaluation as indicated.Is aware of financial
situation and plans care appropriately.Ensures that patient is
aware of home/work place accessibility.Ensures patient awareness of
needed equipment, and makes plans to secure it.Designs a home
exercise program to address all pre-existing problems.Makes all
appropriate referrals at D/C.
- Serves as a member of the Performance Improvement team
- Collects data monthly in regard to functional improvement and
other areas as indicated to assist in outcome measurement.
- Actively participates in department team meetings
- Conducts in services for other staff members as needed or
- Participates in weekend and holiday rotation as needed
- Participates in student supervision as indicated.
- Lead Therapist TS: Ensures that the therapists evaluate the
patient to determine rehab potential during initial
- Lead Therapist TS: Ensures that therapists collaborate daily
with patient and family in goal setting and achievement.
- Lead Therapist TS: Ensures that therapists schedule patients at
the appropriate time for therapy.
- Lead Therapist TS: Ensures that therapists identify patient and
family education needs upon admit and as needed.
- Lead Therapist TS: Ensures that therapists complete initial
evaluations within 3 days of admission
- Lead Therapist TS: Ensures that therapists set initial STG's
and LTG's during initial evaluation
- Lead Therapist TS: Collaborates with the other therapists and
interdisciplinary team to establish patient goals as needed.
- Lead Therapist TS: Attends Team Conference weekly and functions
as an active participant of the ID team.
- Lead Therapist TS: Reviews documentation weekly and ensures
that the therapists complete all needed documentation
- Formal Education: Master's Degree
- Experience: Less than 6 months
- License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement:
- Master's degree from a program satisfying the American
Speech-Language/Hearing Association's academic and practicum
requirements for the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- ASHA certification in Speech/Language Pathology or in the
process of completing a Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- CPR certification.
- Current state license in Speech/Language Pathology or
provisional license in CFY.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: SunCrest Home Health - Kingsport TN, Kingsport , Speech Therapist - Home Health - PRN in Kingsport, Tennessee - Careers at SunCrest Home Health - Kin, Healthcare , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!