Rehab Liaison (Pool)-Varied Hours & Weekends
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: April 6, 2019
The Rehab Liaison is responsible for developing census as defined
through targeted goals of the business plan and developing referral
relationships within the geographic territory with an emphasis on
face-to-face contacts. In addition, the liaison will assist with
coordination of referral to admission conversion process and
represent our company in community-related activities. In addition,
- Utilizes market analysis data in individual territory identifying
new business and potential opportunities.
- Recognizes barriers to admission, responds appropriately and
follows up on admissions variables.
- Understands healthcare operations, legal guidelines, competitive
analysis, and market place trends
- Provides in-services and professional presentations for referral
sources, community groups and other organizations, regarding our
company's services, programs and outcomes.
The Rehab Liaison creates an environment and culture that enables
the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation
hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4
weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of
diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury,
various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis,
osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple
trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our
patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We
utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment
interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes
database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome
reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient
Helping you become better is critical to our success - You will be
paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external
educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time
therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff;
and we offer educational benefits if you are interested in
continuing your education.
Job Code: 100149
License or Certification:
- Current driver's license in state employed and acceptable driving
record according to company policy
- Current State Professional License required
- Current CPR certification preferred
- CRRN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as clinician or tech in healthcare
- Minimum 1 year experience as nurse liaison or successful sales
experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Familiarity with acute hospital, rehab hospitals, and local
healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable
assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling
are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training
requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training
purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at Corporate
Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 113 Cassell Drive, Kingsport 37660
Job ID: 1914776
Keywords: Encompass Health, Kingsport , Rehab Liaison (Pool)-Varied Hours & Weekends, Healthcare , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!