Full Time Home Health Nurse Preceptor
Company: KINDRED AT HOME
Posted on: September 17, 2018
I believe that better care begins at home. Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families. I believe my work is my calling. As a Nurse Preceptor, you will:
- Position is responsible for providing practical clinical experience and guidance to field clinicians to include orientation of new clinicians.
- Ensures compliance with applicable licensure/certification requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations, and Gentiva Health Services policies, procedures and philosophy of care. Works under general supervision
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission - Vision - Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrates process for SOC, ROC, Recert and routine visits to clinicians during orientation process.
- Observes clinical skills and patient interaction of new clinicians and provides feedback to the clinician.
- Works with clinicians to review application of clinical documentation and forms.
- Reviews Orientation Module content with new clinicians to determine the clinicians' level of understanding and re-educates as necessary.
- Reviews patient care processes with clinicians and assesses clinicians' level of understanding. Makes recommendations related to training and skills development to Branch Director.
- Meets with Orientees on regular basis to assess progress. Meet with Managers - Clinical Practice (MCPs) on a weekly basis to discuss progress of Orientee.
- Conducts 60 day Supervisory visit for Orientee and discusses results with MCP.
- Serve in the capacity of Start of Care Nurse when schedule allows. As such, admits patients to the services, completing appropriate clinical documentation under the Clinical Manager's direction. Assesses individual status and care/instruction needed by the patient.
- Participates in teaching/training of paraprofessional healthcare staff as assigned and acts as resource to other healthcare personnel.
- Serves as mentor to new clinical hires to include regular discussions each month for a minimum of one year.
- Will conduct a minimum of two skill labs a year
- Will conduct annual supervisory visits as needed.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending, participating in/conducting staff development/ continuing education programs. Required SkillsQualifications:
- Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing with one year experience in area of specialty/desired practice.
- Current unrestricted licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) to which assigned and current CPR certification required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The candidate will have the physical ability to perform job related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, and pulling with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A health examination must be successfully completed prior to assignment and periodically thereafter, as required by company policy, and/or state regulations, to verify that he/she is physically capable of performing assigned duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successful completion of any/all Company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations.
- Good organizational and communication skills and the ability to function with minimal supervision also required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are also required Required ExperienceKeywords:Girling, Girling Home Health, Girling Hospice, AmHeart Hospice, Asian American Home Health, Asian American Hospice, Girling Healthcare, Harden Home Health, Harden Hospice, Healthfield, Iowa Hospice, Missouri Home Care of Rolla, Omega Hospice, The Home Option, Girling Community Care, Odyssey, Vista Care, VistaCare, Olsten Kimberley Quality Care -MON- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: KINDRED AT HOME, Kingsport , Full Time Home Health Nurse Preceptor, Healthcare , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!