Company: Clinch Valley Health
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Clinch Valley HealthWho We Are:People are our passion and
purpose. -Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not
just what you can do. Clinch Valley Medical Center is a 175-bed
acute care hospital with a growing integrated network of care that
offers many services for our community. Today, our unwavering
commitment to our patients ranks us as one of the top hospitals in
Virginia and the nation for quality of care - including patient
safety and health outcomes.Where We Are:As one of the most peaceful
towns in the State of Virginia, Richlands is comfortably located
within the mountains of Southwest Virginia. Nestled in the
Appalachian Mountains and along the banks of the Clinch River, the
Town of Richlands is privileged by the exposure of a diverse and
unique culture. Many of the local attractions reflect the unique
culture of Appalachian Mountains.Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
- Employee discount program
- And much more---Position Summary:Assesses, plans, delegates and
coordinates the nursing care for assigned patients throughout the
scheduled shift according to the plan of care and in collaboration
with other members of the health care team.
- Identifies both actual and potential needs/problems through
nursing assessment to facilitate an organized and prioritized plan
- Supervises and makes patient care assignments and other unit
duties to other members (LPN, Nursing Assistants, UC) of the
nursing team. Assignments are based on acuity and staff
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations and life
threatening situations appropriately.
- Documents assessment, plan of care, interventions and
educational needs of each patient, as well as, documenting the
patient/family response to interventions.
- Delivers patient care activities according to standards of Care
- Administration of medications and treatments, i.e., initiation
and maintenance of IV meds, blood and blood products,
hyper-alimentation, epidural analgesia, patient controlled
analgesia and chemotherapy.
- Maintains a safe patient and working environment by adhering to
infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Receives physician orders, documents, follows up and evaluates
patients' outcomes. Assures that orders are carried out properly
Position Requirements: -Current Virginia License at time of hire
date.Experience/Education: -No previous clinically related nursing
experience required. The employee will complete a general
orientation program of sufficient duration and content to prepare
them for specific duties in the hospital within thirty (30) days of
hire date. Unit specific orientation is completed on the nursing
unit. Charge Nurse experience preferred.Special Qualifications:
-Must meet and maintain proficiency requirements of the unit
including CPR certification, and successful completion of the unit
specific proficiencies annually.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Clinch Valley Health, Kingsport , RN-Skilled, Healthcare , Richlands, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!