EMT or PARAMEDIC or LPN
Company: Biomat Usa, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Would you like to join an international team working to improve
the future of healthcare? Do you want to enhance the lives of
millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company that
since 1909 has been working to improve the health and well-being of
people around the world. We are leaders in plasma-derived medicines
and transfusion medicine and develop, produce and market innovative
medicines, solutions and services in more than 110 countries and
NEW GRADS WELCOME APPLY OR CALL ME TODAY
Center Medical Specialist
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction
and responsiveness to customer needs.
- Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer
satisfaction with the center to support long term donation.
- Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors by performing
physical examinations and taking medical histories on all donors
through the use of FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Manual, current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, CGMP, all
internal company procedures and personal education and
- Responsible for donor awareness to potential hazards .
- Administration of donor consent form.
- Provides Donor education on trends identified regarding general
health assessment completed at the Center.
- Provides counseling to Donors regarding unacceptable test
- Evaluates and manages donor injuries and adverse events.
- Performs evaluations of any history of illness or medications
to ensure continued donor suitability.
- Ensures Donor medical information is complete and accurate
prior to donation.
- Review of donor screening test to ensure eligibility of
- Assists in employee training and coaching regarding medical
SOPs as necessary.
- Assists with the administration of employee Hepatitis Vaccine
- Maintain supplies necessary to perform job duties.
- Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of
equipment and work areas between donors.
- Ensures Donor and Staff confidentiality.
- Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to Center
- Perform other duties as required.
- Educated and currently certified/licensed in the state of
employment and according to state requirements as an Advanced
Emergency Medical Technician (or equivalent) , Licensed Practical
Nurse, Licensed Vocation Nurse, Paramedic or Registered Nurse,
Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistant.
- Current CPR certification required.
Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids
with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to
electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme
cold below 32 degrees F while performing functions in plasma
freezers. Personal protective equipment required such as protective
eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed both
standing and sitting for up to 2 to 4 hours per day each. The
position does require bending and twisting of neck up from 1 to 2
hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the
ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and
wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the
fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement;
may squat, crouch or sit on one's heels on rare occasion.
Occasionally walks, bends and twists at waist. Light lifting of
15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder
height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination,
near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to
20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate information and ideas
so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and
understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
sentences. Works independently and within guidance of oral or
written instructions. Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by
variable demands and changing conditions. Relates sensitive
information to diverse groups.
Location: mfield6 : cust\_building
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 496681
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing/Healthcare
Keywords: Biomat Usa, Inc., Kingsport , EMT or PARAMEDIC or LPN, Healthcare , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!