Company: Holston Manor
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Schedule: 6p-6aWeek One: 4 days onWeek Two: 3 days onWeekend
Requirements: Every other weekend.QUICK AND EASY APPLY ON OUR
WEBSITE!!!! TAKE LESS THAN 2 MINS!!!!NURSE SUPERVISOR OVERVIEW:The
primary purpose of your job position is to supervise the day-to-day
nursing activities of the facility during your tour of duty. Such
supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our
facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing
Services, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times.SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to
practice as an RN or LPN/LVN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents
- Be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of
team work and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and
procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be
willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Works in office area(s) as well as throughout the nursing
service area (i.e., drug rooms, nurses' stations, resident rooms,
- Spends 80% of time on nursing units.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and
other department directors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g.,
severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Is involved in community/civic health matters/projects as
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support
departments, etc., to adequately plan for the residents'
needs.PERFORMANCE EVALUATION CRITERIA:
- Admits, transfers, and discharges residents as required
including electronic admission into clinical software system.
- Completes or ensures completion of accident/incident reports as
necessary and associated nursing notes describing the incident, and
submit to Risk manager.
- Completes or ensures all sections of new admissions forms are
complete, accurate with documentation that reflects resident
- Collaborates with the Unit Managers and Director of Nursing in
the training of electronic charting for all nursing department
- Ensures new admissions entered into the clinical software
system have "care plans" that reflect accurate resident information
for staff charting.
- Ensures all clinical software system / nursing documentation is
completed BEFORE end of shift.
- Completes shift report and place in DON designated box.
- Ensures pharmacy notification of new admission and immediate
medication needs or for next delivery.
- Encourages attending physicians to record and sign progress
notes, physicians' orders, etc., on a timely basis and in
accordance with current regulations.
- Ensures that all personnel involved in providing care to the
resident are aware of the resident's care plan. Ensures that
nursing personnel refer to the resident's care plan prior to
administering daily care to the resident.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited
college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN
program. RN preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year of experience as a
supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related
health care facility.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing
practices.PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS (WITH OR WITHOUT THE
AID OF MECHANICAL DEVICES):
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
Keywords: Holston Manor, Kingsport , RN Supervisor, Healthcare , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!