RN, LPN, CMA OR RMA- KINGSPORT OB/GYN- FT
Company: State of Franklin Healthcare Associates
Posted on: January 8, 2021
State of Franklin Healthcare Associates is currently seeking a
Full-TimeRN/LPN/CMA/RMA to be part of the
KingsportOB/GYNteam.SummaryThe Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
(CMA/RMA)collaborates with providers in the delivery of quality
patient care and service by maintaining patient flow, escorting
patients through the clinic, identifying patient needs,
collecting/verifying information, administering medications,
providing health education and other information, answering patient
questions, resolving issues or concerns, updating electronic
medical records, implementing methods as directed to improve care
and the patient experience, maintaining exam/treatment rooms and
ordering related supplies.Essential Duties and
ResponsibilitiesPatient Care and Service
- Collaborates with providers in assessing, planning and
implementing care for individual patients.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, provider offices and
treatment rooms as appropriate in a polite and friendly
- Maintains patient flow in order to help the provider be as
efficient as possible.
- Records patient data prior to each visit, including but not
limited to: vital signs, height, weight, allergies, medication and
reason for the visit.
- Informs patients about delays and wait times.
- Administers subcutaneous, intramuscular injections and IV
Therapy (if certified and applicable).
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in
accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Assists providers with patient examination, treatment and minor
- Cleans and sterilizes exam or procedure room and
- Submits electronic prescriptions and makes other patient calls
as directed by providers.
- Requests and evaluates lab tests as indicated by patient status
and practice protocol.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures, hospital admissions and
appointments to follow-up on receipt of test results as
- Escalates any unusual patient behavior to provider as
- Instructs patients and families regarding medications and
- Supports positive self-care activities for patients.
- Assists with delegated patient education, including but not
limited to distributing educational literature.Record Requirements
- Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family
responses and medication dispensed or prescribed in medical
- Obtains new patient records, previous test results, x-rays,
scans and other records required by provider.
- Verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to providers.
- Arranges for pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as
- Informs providers of patient rescheduling and no shows.
- Performs other administrative duties such as typing, filing,
faxing, reception, etc. as requested by supervisor or
- Schedules, coordinates and reschedules patient
appointments.Room and Supply Maintenance
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms for patient use.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.Other
- Compiles information and prepares reports.
- Maintains records.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Follows organizational policies and procedures, including State
of Franklin Healthcare Associates Compliance Manual, Code of Ethics
and Business Standards, HR Policies and Procedures Manual, Team
Member Handbook, OSHA Manual and any other policies or procedures
for the job function, department, location or clinic.
- Performs other duties as
assigned.SupervisesNone.QualificationsEducationHigh school diploma
or GED and graduate of an approved school of
nursing.ExperiencePrevious experience in a medical office or
healthcare setting desired but not required.Certificates, Licenses,
RegistrationsValid license to practice in the state of employment
and current CPR certification required. IV Certification is
desired.CompetenciesService: Demonstrates high standards of service
to patients, physicians, team members and other departments;
remains calm when faced with challenging or difficult situations;
effectively resolves service issues.Quality: Work is thorough and
accurate; offers ideas and solutions to improve outcomes and
enhance service; considers the situation and relevant information
before taking action; effectively implements
improvements.Integrity: Acts with the highest levels of personal
ethics, honesty and accountability.Performance: Applies job
specific knowledge, skills and experience to accomplish results;
requires appropriate level of supervision; work is completed in a
timely manner; uses sound judgement in decision-making; is reliable
and dependable; utilizes time and resources responsibly; complies
with policies and procedures; work area is organized, neat and
clean.Communication: Expresses facts and ideas in a clear,
convincing and organized manner; listens effectively; professional,
respectful and compassionate in communications with others; follows
proper channels of communication and shares essential information
timely; maintains appropriate confidentiality.Teamwork: Builds and
maintains effective working relationships; recognizes strengths and
contribution of others; manages and resolves conflicts in a
positive and constructive manner.Working ConditionsWork is
performed in a medical office environment involving contact with
patients, physicians, staff, insurance carriers and other business
partners. Frequent exposure to patient care areas. Work environment
can be fast-paced with emotionally charged situations, requiring a
high level of concentration and appropriate balance of conflicting
priorities and multiple tasks. Occasional local travel between work
sites and additional hours, including evening or weekend work, may
be necessary.Physical RequirementsNot
to 10 lbsXup to 25 lbsXup to 50 lbsXAssisted
WorkXAdditional Physical Requirements or Comments:
Keywords: State of Franklin Healthcare Associates, Kingsport , RN, LPN, CMA OR RMA- KINGSPORT OB/GYN- FT, Healthcare , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!