Posted on: February 3, 2020
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a
broad range of products found in items people use every day. With
the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way,
Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and
solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and
sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes
advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer
engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its
leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation,
building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive
and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people
around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries.
The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is
headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information,
Responsible to define strategic product direction for a specialty
fluids business and drive operational results through deliberate
management of the portfolio and product mix, which includes
quality, regulatory, and supply chain cost activities. Ensures
maximum return on assets and supports variable margin delivery as
directed by Marketing Leadership. Executes pricing and contract
strategy. Continuously monitors the behavior of the offer and
influences business decisions using effective analytics,
customer-centric recommendations, and product expertise.
- Annual Earnings: optimization of assigned portfolio of
products; maximizes variable margin by focusing on spread over raw
material compression, changes in mix, payment terms, inventory
levels, service levels, etc.
- Innovation: Vitality Index, relative to building product
strategy to support growth with multi-generational plans; supports
innovation for prioritized and unprioritized products within
- Productivity: manages productivity within product portfolio,
including: Conversion Cost versus budget, Top Initiatives -
Milestone or target; Return on Assets (ROA) continual improvement;
Product and/or Stream Utilization
- Capabilities/Talent Management: provides pricing management
expertise to individuals and business teams (especially Pricing
Analysts); navigates and owns personal career development; ensures
collaborative cross-functional engagement to align and drive
- Executes pricing strategy aligned with Product and Market
strategies to maximize short-term and long-term objectives; likely
includes decision-making across market segments.
- Manages profitability metrics, and identifies variable margin
improvement opportunities at an order, customer, market segment,
application, geography, and product level while ensuring quotes are
provided quickly and consistently
- Develop segmented price change strategies for pricing analyst
- Responsible for the management of the product portfolio as
assigned, which includes both strategic and operational oversight;
including lifecycle, formula rationalization, and product
obsolescence (discontinuation or inactivation).
- Utilizes product portfolio lifecycle analysis approach and
analyzes Win / Loss data to make insight-based product decisions
for greater optimization.
- Leads competitive intelligence efforts involving business,
sales, strategy, pricing, manufacturing, and technology; includes
gathering, constructing, synthesizing, and analyzing key
competitors and products including assets, capacities, utilization,
cost base and strategies. Recommend actions to defend and grow
market volume and maximize margin.
- Manages force majeure activities and allocation decisions.
- Monitors and communicates changing competitive asset activities
including supply and demand modeling, market share, trade flows,
- Leads and collaborates with cross-functional groups to produce
and procure the product, including manufacturing, quality, supply
chain and technology on projects related to asset strategy
development, inventory management, product specifications,
complaints, and qualification strategies.
- Serves as a member of the cross-functional team to identify,
evaluate, and select co-producer opportunities; ensures handover to
Supply Chain's Alternate Methods of Supply (AMS) group.
- Facilitates commercialization for new products, end markets,
applications, and different geographical locations to ensure
successful launch or entry.
- Manages asset allocation and product sampling throughout all
stages of product lifecycle (e.g. stage-gate, supply chain).
- Oversees enforcement of product quality, customer specification
requirements, and regulatory commitments
- Ensure S&OP plans are managed in alignment with product
strategies. Initiate actions to address variances, maximize
- Provides key inputs for monthly price forecasting, consensus
planning, and gap analysis versus plan in the Integrated Business
- Determines how to communicate critical inputs (e.g. quality
specs, customer preferences) to manufacturing in order to meet
market demand and support integrated Business Planning.
- Defines how much and what type of business to contract,
coordinates contract volume commitments based on product/asset
- Manages contract and incentive processes including developing
and executing contract strategy, creating key principles document,
and partnering with Business Leadership Team and Sales to
- Supports Market Leader in responding to customer
- Serve on a Stage Gate Project and/or member of a segment team
- Market Insight: Leverage market insights to guide decisions and
determine what is right
- Courage: Make courageous choices to innovate and accelerate
- Optimism: Optimistically focus on continual growth over a
- Bias for Action: Have a bias for action, prioritizing issues
and making sound decisions, despite uncertainty or risk
- Adaptability: Adaptable to market and customer opportunities
Functional Skills and Capabilities
- Product Management - Strategy and Execution
- Pricing Management - Strategy and Execution
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Data Manipulation and Analytics
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree discipline required. MBA degree
- 5+ years prior experience in sales, marketing, product
management and/or supply chain
- Complex project leadership experience and capability
- Demonstrated experience in product management and/or
- Strong business/financial acumen
Required Certification, Licensing or Traits
Role model Eastman values and principles
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any
other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and
a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to
their fullest potential each day.
Keywords: Eastman, Kingsport , Product Manager, Executive , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!