Area Business Development Director - Bristol, VA and Kingsport, TN
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: August 6, 2019
Encompass Health Hospitals in Bristol, VA and Kingsport, TN are
currently looking for an Area Business Development Director to join
their hospital leadership team.
The Area Business Development Director works for two or more
Hospital CEOs to ensure marketing initiatives are carried out
throughout their assigned area. The Area Business Development
Director is responsible for inpatient and outpatient census of
multiple hospitals through the design and implementation of
referral programs and customer service strategies. Oversees
inpatient admission process. Manages, trains and develops
hospital-wide Business Development Team. Serves in a Senior
This position will be based in Kingsport, TN. Encompass Health
Hospital of Kingsport is a 50-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital
and Rehabilitation Hospital of Bristol is a 25-bed inpatient
rehabilitation hospital. Both of these hospitals offer
comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return
patients to leading active and independent lives
Our hospitals provide a wide range of physical rehabilitation
services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private
practice physicians, therapists, nurses, and the most innovative
equipment and rehabilitation technology. Our goal is to ensure that
all patients have access to the highest quality care.
License or Certification:
Driver s license and acceptable driving record according to company
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or nurse
liaison in a healthcare environment.
Bachelor s degree in related area preferred.
Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales and
marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment.
Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of local
healthcare market preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides marketing support and leadership for two or more
hospitals within an assigned area.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors critical numbers, taking actions
to reverse negative admission and discharge volume trends, and
implements plans to ensure marketing effectiveness.
- Effectively and appropriately communicates financial data and
operational indicators to marketing and other relevant staff.
- Monitors and measures volume, case mix growth, CMS %, payer mix
%, and functional outcomes of patients to ensure quality product
- Utilizes monthly data to measure progress towards goals.
- Understands the volume impact on EBITDA to meet the financial of
- Understands the operational and financial metrics and
communicates opportunity and threats in the marketplace to senior
- Manages all marketing operations, including hiring and recruiting
- Understands and utilizes clinical knowledge and resources to
determine appropriateness of admission.
- Understands and manages admission process including insurance
verification, pre-certification requirements, bed control, hospital
discharges, and barriers.
- Understands and manages the reimbursement system as it relates to
volume impact, appropriate utilization of resources, and LOS
management to promote quality outcomes.
- Identifies new and repackaging existing product lines, including
collateral materials, in collaboration with hospital CEOs and
- Assigns territories to marketing team and reassesses and realigns
as indicated by key performance indicators.
- Communicates effectively with referral sources to market and
educate product lines to achieve volume goals including
differentiation of services from competition.
- Plans and coordinates marketing, media coverage, and public
relations functions to increase volume.
- Develops marketing collateral and advertises in conjunction with
corporate support that meets the needs of the market.
- Educates marketing staff on tools, budget, sales skills, and
territory management to achieve volume goals.
- Drives grass roots efforts as deemed necessary to industry
- Utilizes CRM for creating, tracking, and monitoring liaison
territory management, referrals and activities.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion
Address: 113 Cassell Drive, Kingsport 37660
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1921917
Keywords: Encompass Health, Kingsport , Area Business Development Director - Bristol, VA and Kingsport, TN, Executive , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!