Posted on: June 15, 2019
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives
company that produces a broad range of products found in items
people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses,
Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and
solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and
sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of
world-class technology platforms and leading positions in
attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and
construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating
consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally
diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100
countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The
company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs
approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information,
Responsible to define strategic product direction and drive
operational results through deliberate management of the portfolio
and product mix, which includes quality, regulatory, and supply
chain cost activities. Ensures maximum return on assets and
supports variable margin delivery as directed by Marketing
Leadership. Develops and executes pricing and contract strategy.
Continuously monitors the behavior of the offer and influences
business decisions using effective analytics, customer-centric
recommendations, and product expertise.
- Annual Earnings:--optimization of assigned portfolio of
products; contributes to variable margin by focusing on spread over
raw material compression and changes in mix
- Innovation: TBD
- Capabilities/Talent Management: provides product management
expertise to individuals and business teams; navigates and owns
personal career development
- Responsible for the management of the product portfolio as
assigned, which includes both strategic and operational oversight;
including lifecycle, formula rationalization, and product
obsolescence (discontinuation or inactivation).
- Utilizes product portfolio lifecycle analysis approach and
analyzes Win / Loss data to make insight-based product decisions
for greater optimization.
- Leads competitive intelligence efforts involving business,
sales, strategy, pricing, manufacturing, and technology; includes
gathering, constructing, synthesizing, and analyzing key
competitors and products including assets, capacities, utilization,
cost base and strategies. Recommend actions to defend and grow
market volume and maximize margin.
- Manages force majeure activities and allocation decisions.
- Monitors and communicates changing competitive asset activities
including supply and demand modeling, market share, and
- Leads and collaborates with cross-functional groups to produce
and procure the product, including manufacturing, quality, supply
chain and technology on projects related to asset strategy
development, inventory management, product specifications,
complaints, and qualification strategies.
- Facilitates commercialization for new products, end markets,
applications, and different geographical locations to ensure
successful launch or entry.
- Manages asset allocation and product sampling throughout all
stages of product lifecycle (e.g. stage-gate, supply chain).
- Oversees enforcement of product quality, customer specification
requirements, and regulatory commitments
- Ensure S&OP plans are managed in alignment with product
strategies. Initiate actions to address variances, maximize
- Determines how to communicate critical inputs (e.g. quality
specs, customer preferences) to manufacturing in order to meet
market demand and support integrated Business Planning.
- Defines how much and what type of business to contract,
coordinates contract volume commitments based on product/asset
utilization with Pricing Manager/Analyst.
- Supports Market Leader in responding to customer
- Serve on a Stage Gate Project and/or member of a segment team
Eastman Leadership Behaviors (if applicable)
- Demonstrates Strategic Insights and Execution (Thought
- Leverage market insights to guide strategies and make superior
- Demonstrate adaptability in shaping opportunities and executing
- Make courageous decisions short and long term - to innovate and
accelerate value creation
- Exhibits Courageous leadership to drive results (Results
- Lead with a bias for action in prioritizing issues and making
decisions despite uncertainty or risk
- Demonstrate adaptability in deploying resources to build
competitive advantage and deliver results
- Optimistically lead teams to pursue superior outcomes for our
- Builds and Inspires High Performing Teams (People
- Actively coach & inspire teams through courageous conversations
to accelerate performance
- Demonstrate adaptability in the creation of a collaborative and
inclusive work environment
- Lead people through change with a bias for action
- Market Insight: Leverage market insights to guide decisions and
determine what is right
- Courage: Make courageous choices to innovate and accelerate
- Optimism: Optimistically focus on continual growth over a
- Bias for Action: Have a bias for action, prioritizing issues
and making sound decisions, despite uncertainty or risk
- Adaptability: Adaptable to market and customer opportunities
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree discipline required. MBA degree
- 10+ years prior experience in sales, marketing, product
management and/or supply chain
- Complex project leadership experience and capability
- Demonstrated experience in product management and/or
- Strong business/financial acumen
Required Certification, Licensing or Traits
Role model Eastman values and principles
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any
other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and
a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to
their fullest potential each day.
Keywords: Eastman, Kingsport , Product Manager, Executive , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!